The Avant-Garde use of Video Marketing is Social Media Marketing
If a photo is worth a thousand words, the video marketing helps integrate and engage effectively into marketing campaigns. While the effectiveness of the traditional marketing is taking the backseat, the use of video marketing is sky rocketing. It has become a must have for every business.
A part of digital marketing, video marketing uses the video to raise awareness, create engagement and drive sales. It is a popular and must have skills to create videos for every digital marketer. The evolution of social media and access to several video making devices have made it more accessible to business owners. With the advent of social media, it has discovered that video drives far more engagement than text and image-based posts. Videos capture audiences by appealing to both visual and auditory senses, and allows you to get your message across quickly. The storytelling power of video is dynamic and engaging. It can make complex ideas simple, and most importantly, video evokes emotional responses from viewers.
Video Marketing have come a long way since 1941, when the first TV ad aired during a Brooklyn Dodgers and Philadelphia Phillies game, promoting a wristwatch to baseball fans. The dawn of the internet age catapulted video marketing from a television affair to your computer and then eventually to your smartphone and tablet. As the Video evolved it benefits also progressed,
The benefits of video marketing help to:
- To connect the audience: Video acts as a bridge between the customer and the customer and the trust is more concrete with the help of visual representation.
- Benefits SEO: The use of video marketing helps to increase the likes and shares and driving traffic to the website.
- Visual Retention: Explaining for hours won’t make an impact on customer than merely a 2 mins video. If the hearing is accompanied by relevant imagery, they will retain more information, and many more.
While creating the video for marketing the biggest issue is of the strategic planning, marketing and creating the user-friendly content to gain the maximum views and shares. For video marketing to work effectively a proper plan, test, analyze, and test again are essential. The goal of the videos is to tell a story and engage your customers but, from a marketing perspective, the videos must also align to your sales funnel.
The trends in technology keeps on upgrading and modifying according to the need and the trend. The need for the brand to embrace the trend & to catch up in the race is really necessary. In 2020 and into 2021, marketers need to develop videos that are strategic, interactive and creative.
- 360-degree video and Virtual reality: Showcasing the 360 view of the product is quite in trend as without any hustle customer gets a full immersive tour.
- Animation: Animation is a great option for illustrating your abstract ideas, products that are still in the concept stage, and locations where live-action shots aren’t doable. Animation really benefits the learner for imagination.
- Search Optimization: For searchable platforms like YouTube and google, search-optimized videos are a necessary to ensure that the content pops up when searched for relevant information. Adding relevant keywords, hashtags, tags, file names, titles, descriptions, and closed captions boosts the likelihood that your videos will rank in search results and grab more views.
- Platform-specific Videos: Every Social media have a different appeal to the viewers. So, the content should be such it matches with the app. Twitter is for snackable content. Instagram for eye-catching visuals. Tik-tok for short, mobile videos. Every platform has different level of engagement with the learners so one video won’t fit all.
- Dynamic Shooting Equipment: Use of good quality technology benefits to create the most eye-pleasing content. The diverse gadgets used in making of the video with several dimensions to make it more engaging.
The trends will vary as the technology advances but the video marketing holds a great future beneath it as it is one of the necessities to develop the business. As people love watching video and loves it over the traditional content for marketing. Videos are a crucial part of content marketing strategy and can help you promote your brand effectively. People love to watch them and consume them more than other forms of content. They also tend to purchase products or services on watching them and help you reduce the burden from your customer support team.
– by Shreya Chopra
About the Author:
Sushmita Dabbiru is a Digital Marketer, SMM Expert, SEO Analyst, and Content Creator from Hyderabad, Telangana.
- 4 reasons to know how Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Digital Marketing can enhance the business on
- Design is everywhere. From the dress you’re wearing to the smartphone you’re holding, it’s design. on
- The Story of Graphic Design – A Brief History of Graphic Design on
- [Download] 10 Premium Decorative Fonts For Free! on
- Logo Design Creative Brief: 2 steps to the perfect logo design for your brand. on